Terms & Conditions
These terms set out the rules for using this website (www.blocventures.com).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.blocventures.com is a website operated by Bloc Ventures Limited (“we“, “our”, “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11119448 and have our registered office at 51-52 St. John’s Square, London, England, EC1V 4JL. You can contact us here.
- We receive a large number of submissions and have an existing portfolio of investments. There may be similarities between your submission and others we receive/our portfolio. So, whilst you retain all of your ownership rights in any content you upload to our website, including through the pitch submission form, when you do upload content to our website, you (1) grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, store, copy and prepare derivative works of that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties; and (2) acknowledge that we will treat your content as non-confidential and non-proprietary and therefore agree that we have no responsibility for protecting against, or liability or obligation in respect of, any use or disclosure of any information, ideas or materials that you provide in the absence of our express written agreement to do so.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Changes to these terms and to our website
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- We may update and change our website from time to time to reflect changes to our portfolio, and our business priorities.
Suspending or withdrawing our website
- Our website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons.
How you may use material on our website
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website however, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Non-reliance on information on this website
- The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. We are not using the website to provide investment or other advice and nothing on our website is to be deemed a recommendation that you make any investment or other decision. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website (including for the avoidance of doubt, any information about our portfolio companies) is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, including liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a business user, we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it, and we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our website, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our website
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact us.
Governing law and jurisdiction